Potato Pratha – Breakfast Recipe
Today we are here with a very delicious recipe for your breakfast. Potatoes are a good source of fiber, which can help you lose weight by keeping you full longer. Fiber can help prevent heart disease by keeping cholesterol and blood sugar levels in check. Potatoes are also full of antioxidants that work to prevent diseases and vitamins that help your body function properly.
Potato Parathas are not only the yummiest food especially for your breakfast but it is also full of energy. Its ingredients are very beneficial for a healthy body. In fact its is a complete energetic composition of food and taste.
In Asia, it is very common breakfast especially on weekends. The ingredients and complete recipe for Potato Parathas is here:
- Potatoes 1Kg
- Onion medium sized 2-3 (chopped)
- Green Chilli 5-8 (chopped)
- Coriander Green 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Peppermint Green 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Salt 1- 2 tb spoon (as per taste)
- Chilli powder 1 tb spoon
- Flour for parathas (Knead it until it smooths)
- Oil/Ghee for prathas
Preparation of Filling
- First of all, wash and boil potatoes.
- Then mash all boiled potatoes, it must be in the form of a thick paste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl (onions, coriander, green chilli, peppermint, salt, chilli powder)
- Filling material is ready for potatoes paratha
Making of Potato Parathas
- Firstly, make small balls of kneaded flour
- Now make small prathas of flour balls.
- After that, put 2-3 table spoon of potato filling on a pratha, spread it over pratha evenly.
- Now take another rolled pratha and put it over the potato filling.
- After this procedure, the potato filling will be in between of the two layers of paratha.
- Roll it evenly. your pratha is ready to fry/cook.
- Put frying pan on medium fire,
- Now put rolled pratha on pan and pour some oil/ghee.
- Change the side of pratha. Fry it until its colour is turned light golden brown.
- Potato pratha is ready.
This delicious pratha is traditionally served with yogurt chuttney. Just imagine a yummy potato pratha with yogurt chutney, what a tasty dish.