TALBINA – BARLEY PORRIDGE
Barley is one of the most healthy natural ingredients. its full of fiber. It is best cure against heart diseases and helps to reduce weight. Additionally, it also reduces hunger and promotes feelings of fullness. Resultantly, you avoid over eating and it leads to weight loss over time. As Barley is full of fiber that’s why it lessens hunger largely. A soluble fiber known as beta-glucan is particularly helpful.
The soluble fiber portion contains the richest source of beta-glucans compared to any other grain. These can aid immune function. Barley also contains vitamin B, iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, and copper. It is one of the richest sources of chromium, which is important in maintaining blood glucose levels.
Today we are going to share Barley Porridge (Talbina) recipe to add healthy points in your life.
|Barley (Grinded)||1 cup|
|Whole Milk||3 cups|
|Honey /Sugar||2 tsp|
|Almond, pistachio, Cardamom (Chopped)||½ cup|
Barley Porridge by healthylifejeo.com
- Take a cooking pot and add milk.
- Put it on medium flame until it boils.
- Add grinded Barley and chopped Cardamom. Cook it on medium to low flame until barley is softened.
- It may take almost 20-30 minutes.
- Add chopped dates for energy and honey for sweetness. If honey is not available, you may add sugar as per your taste.
- Cook it till it becomes softened and thicker as you like.
- Pour in a beautiful bowl. Garnish it with chopped almonds and Pistachio.
- Refrigerate it for 30-40 minutes if serving in summers.