Its a very simple homemade tomato soup made with easily available vegetables like carrots, garlic, onion and chicken.
Tomato soup is a soup with tomatoes as the primary ingredient. It may be served hot or cold in a bowl
and may be made in a variety of ways. It may be smooth in texture, and there are also recipes that include chunks of tomato, cream, chicken or vegetable stock, vermicelli, chunks of other vegetables and meatballs.
- 4 slices of chicken cut into small pieces
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, nicely minced
- 1/2 table spoon tomato paste
- 1 table spoon flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tea spoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 128 ounce whole San Marzano tomatoes
- cream (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Fry chicken pieces in a large soup pot over medium-low heat until chicken starts to get crispy and browned about 5-8 minutes
- Add the carrots, onion and garlic. Sauté for 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are very aromatic and tender.
- Add the tomato paste. Stire for a few minutes until you can see the tomato paste starting to brown and caramelize. Add flour and stir for a minute or so.
- Pour the tomatoes and their juice into a bowl and crush them with your hands. Add the crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, thyme, and bay leaf to the soup pot. After that simmer for 30 minutes.
- Now add cream if you want. Add salt as per taste. Finally take it and enjoy.