What is Fenugreek?
Fenugreek is a herb. For health benefits, people used it for many years. It is an alternative medicine for long times. It’s a common ingredient of Pakistani/Indian dishes. People consume it as a supplement. This herb has numerous health benefits. It is a cure for several diseases like joint pain, diarrhoea and digestive problems.
Benefits of Fenugreek
Fenugreek is full of nutrients and a cure for many common health issues. Accordingly, fenugreek has benefits for lowering blood sugar levels and boosting testosterone. The seed of Fenugreek may also reduce cholesterol levels, lower inflammation and help with appetite control.
Fenugreek in cooking
In the form of powder, it is often part of curries, dry rubs, and teas. Therefore, you can add it to your yoghurt for a small savoury taste or sprinkle it over your salads. Its smell is very awesome and catches the senses from a long distance. It adds taste to food.
Breastfeeding issues and Fenugreek
Fenugreek seeds are part of cooking mostly in the Mediterranean and Asia. It has many medicinal uses.
For breastfeeding mothers, it helps in producing more milk. The best way of its consumption for mothers is to take it in tea. Especially, for people experiencing diarrhoea, fenugreek is the best water-soluble fibre. Hence, it helps to firm up stools. Therefore, you will definitely want to avoid these seeds if constipated.
Other Benefits of Fenugreek
There are several health benefits of Fenugreek. A few benefits are here;
- To get relief from soreness and inflammation, make a paste and keep it in place with a cloth.
- For milk production, make tea and take it on daily basis.
- Both men and women use fenugreek to improve sexual interest.
- Fenugreek is sometimes used as a poultice.
- Beneficial for lowering blood sugar.
- It boosts testosterone.
- Fenugreek may also reduce cholesterol levels.
- Lower inflammation and help with appetite control.
- Moreover, it is also a food supplement.
- Fenugreek’s role here is due in part to its high fibre content, which can help with improving insulin function.